Blended learning – a training approach that combines the use of classroom instruction with the possibilities of online learning.A well-designed blended learning program involves planning and careful consideration.
I will share some of the tips to create blended learning solutions to meet your learning goals :
1) Define learning objectives
Ensure the Blended Learning approach not only meets the learner’s objectives but also meets the overall business objectives. Few key elements to be considered are:
- What business objective does this learning intervention need to meet, and why?
- What type of learner will be attending this programme?
- What are the working patterns of this audience and how might this affect the delivery of the blended programme?
- What access to technology does this audience have?
- What is the role of the assessment in this programme?
- Does it need to be measured against the investment or business objectives?
- What learning initiatives have worked well in the past, and what approaches have not historically been successful with this audience?
Whether the content is delivered online or in-person, focus on creating opportunities for participates to interact and engage –with the content, with the instructor, and with each other.
2) Analyze content and create Course Outline
The content should be thoroughly analyzed to decide which is the best way to convey it. You should take care while designing the content and it should not be replicated in both the classroom and as well as online as it can put the learners off.
Offer a blended learning course outline and syllabus to everyone involved. The learner can use the outline to stay on track during the blended learning course, while the facilitator and the blended learning course developer can rely upon the outline to ensure the blended learning course is progressing at the desired pace.
3) Determine the level of Interactivity
Be very clear at the initial stage itself on how much of learning will take place via live online training and how much will be based upon self-paced learning activities? Assess each topic of the module to determine how to present the content more effectively and whether the core ideas can be explored better through synchronous or asynchronous communication and activities.
You can also have group collaboration as learners will gain the ability to share their knowledge with others and benefit from the skill sets of their peers.
4) Use online assessments
Online Assessments are very useful as it collects a wide range of data quickly and conveniently. It gives you details like how long it took the learner to complete the assessments, quick results in seconds etc. Online assessments give the opportunity to identify areas where learners need to improve, and the instructor can provide them with resources that can help them to turn weaknesses into strengths.
Creating your blended learning Program be a complex procedure.But if you are well organized all around and be creative, you can develop an effective blended learning solution.